Bismillah Hir Rahman Ir Raheem
Peace and Blessings be upon you all
As I mentioned in a previous post, I have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by A Prolific Potpourri (then and also once again just a few days ago)! It’s truly an amazing feeling to finally be recognized as a capable, skilled and creative writer that is inspiring after two years of blogging. I didn’t believe anyone could consider me capable of this award but now I do.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award passed down from blogger to blogger as a way to show appreciation. The blogs that create inspirational content, shows great creativity, and positivity is selected by a previous nominee.
Since I’ve been nominated twice, I’ve got 22 questions to answer instead of 11. I’ll answer 11 questions here and 11 more in another post:
1. Who is/was the most influential person in your life and why?
My dado, i.e paternal grandmother, may Allah grant her a place in Jannah. She’s my Golden Girl. As old as she may be by age, it doesn’t do justice to her age at heart. She’s the shining beam of light that brightens everyone’s day. She’d always ask about and take care of others, kep and eye on the flowers and take regular walks everyday.
She inspired me as she used to live her life to the fullest and never let everyday negative incidents ruin her mood.
2. Do you have any pets ?
Yes, I do. I used to have alot of pets once upon a time but now I have a 1 year 3.5 months old female Shih Tzu. She’s so adorable it makes my heart melt, and she’s always there to greet me when I wake up and when I come from college (and when she demands for a walk).
3. If you could go back in time in your life which year and why ?
I’d go back to 2004 when I used to live in China with my family and alot of others families who later on became my friends, and then my family. I had an amazing time there and have constant nostalgia of my life there in Chengdu.
4. What was your first concert?
Rahat Fateh Ali Khan’s concert on a roof in Karachi. I didn’t attend it but it was near a relative’s apartment so we got on the roof, lay out the chaar pais, i.e woven beds, and blankets and listening to the concert underneath the stars.
5. Have you ever flown or sailed and if so to where, if not is there a reason ?
Flown and sailed, both. Flown to China, USA, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Dubai and Turkey. I’ve sailed within China along the Yangshe river when I was little. I don’t remember exactly where we were headed.
6. Aside from blogging, what are you passionate about ?
I love reading, baking, sports especially basketball and volleyball and a bit of sketching whenever I get the time.
7. What was a milestone in your life you are particularly proud of?
I’m proud of reaching a point when I finally decided what I wanted to do with my life. Before I thought I’d be the jack of all trades, then I was confused that I’d be a master of none. Then I finally decided what career I want, what I want to achieve from it, my future goals and how I want to live my life; and that too without the burden of expectations and opinions of others. I’ve grown numb to those. Hence, I’ve developed more confidence and independence and I’m proud of it.
8. Do you have any regrets in life ?
I regret not spending enough time on my hobbies enough that it can become my skill. I used to learn how to play the piano but then I didn’t take it seriously. A while after my keyboard was sold, I regretted it. Same goes for Taek Won Do, knitting, learning sketching and painting from my Dado before she departed. If I gave those passions more time, I would have been actually good at something and not just do it to pass the time.
Blogging has helped diminish that regret to a certain level but I aim to diminish it further.
9. What are your fears ?
Fear of underachievement and dying while not having done enough good in this world.
10.What issue in today’s world gets you riled up the most?
Hypocrisy. Many people, governments or everyday people, are busy showing themselves in a pretty angelic light, often belittling other people and making promises they can’t keep whereas the reality is the opposite. I’m starting to lose my trust from everyone day by day.
11.How do you like your pizza (Toppings, style, Hot or cold) ?
I like it ‘cozy’ hot with balanced but hearty amount of chicken, vegetables, cheese and olives (DO NOT FORGET THE OLIVES). i usually order barbeque or fajita style pizza.
I nominate the following bloggers for these esteemed, the bloggers whose work I am truly honoured to follow and enjoy reading every bit of their work:
& since I’ve been nominated twice, I’d like to nominate another skilled blogger who has impressed and inspired me alot:
My 11 Questions for the Nominees:
1. Tell me one thing about you or trait you have which you think no one else has.
2. What’s your first meal preference when you’re in a restaurant?
3. What’s the one thing that gets you out of bed when the universe is telling you to stay put?
4. Write down the first bizarre thought that comes to mind.
5. What do you see when you open your bedroom window or when you’re out on the terrace?
6. If you had to choose, would you be a giant or a miniature?
7. Describe that one event that gave you a sense of spiritual awakening or inspiration.
8. Name one fictional character you relate to the most.
9. If you could eradicate one evil from this world, what would it be?
10. Do you have any regrets in life?
11. Name that favorite treat you love since childhood and would flip the earth over just to have one more of.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive this award
- Write 11 new questions for the nominated bloggers
- List the rules and display them on your post
- Notify the nominees about the nomination by commenting on one of their posts